Perming is a complex technical operation that involves the careful and accurate application of potentially damaging chemicals to the client's hair. If you get it right then quite possibly, no-one will ever know that the hair has been permed (except the client that is).
A permanent wave, commonly called a perm or "permanent", involves the use of heat and/or chemicals to break and reform the cross-linking bonds of the hair structure. The hair is washed and wrapped on a form and waving lotion or 'reagent' is applied. This solution reacts chemically softening the inner structure of the hair by breaking some of the cross links within and between the protein chains of the hair. The hair swells, stretches and softens, then moulds around the shape of the form.
Our Perming course to how a perm works is the perfect place to develop your understanding of perming basics.
- Maintain effective and safe methods of working
- Prepare for perming and neutralizing
- Perm and neutralize hair
- Work safely when perming and neutralizing hair
- Carry out tests for perming and neutralizing
- Explain the basic science for perming and neutralizing
- Identify the products, equipment and their uses
- Demonstrate perming and neutralizing techniques and problems
- Provide aftercare advice to clients.
- The tools and equipment used during perming and neutralizing
- The factors that influence successful results
- Health and safety
- Laws and Legislations
- Hair structure and growth cycle
- The physical properties of hair
- Client consultation and communication
- Hair condition and possible problems
- Infections and infestations
- Client preparation
- Hair and skin tests
Fees £125 (Pupil will need to bring in a 16-inch chemical responsive training head)
1 Day Course 10am to 4pm however the individual course finishing time will depend on their ability of learning and number of students in the class.
Southampton – Courses available at this venue on one to one basis at a date that is suitable to the learner and there is no additional cost for one to one for this venue. We also offer at this venue pick up and drop off service to and from Train Station, Local Airport and Ferry.
We provide on this course
- An accredited certificate
- Thrilling classes with loads of cooperation when learning
- On-going email support from our tutors
- Treatment products to use for the course
- £50 deposit is required to reserve your place and this is non-refundable
- Step by step handbook
- Manual on Successful Hair and Beauty business ideas
No Experience or Previous Qualifications Necessary for this course
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLIES TO THE LEARNER AS SOON AS ENROLMENT HAS TAKEN PLACE AND DEPOSIT PAID.